Saturday, September 28, 2013

Know Thyself (38 of 52)


Hello my friends,

I have been wanting to do this one for sometime. 
I probably could of spent a whole day perfecting this shot and image, but I applied the engineering adage of "shoot the engineer" to "shoot the photographer" to keep this project reasonable. 

Equipment
1- wooden artist model picked up years ago at Michaels.
1- Adam The Doodles Man picked up during out last visit to the McNay Art Museum.
1- off camera flash.
1- remote trigger for the flash.
1- 50mm prime lens.
1- D600 camera.
1- tripod.
1- bookcase with glass doors.
1- my wife's office as stage.  Note to self:  Don't forget to put wife's stuff  back to there original places.

The reflection is from glass door on my wife's office bookshelves.  The hardest part of the project was to get the reflection to show up clear.  Overall I am happy with the results. 

I call this one "Know Thyself".

If you want more details, just ask. 

AP

2 comments:

  1. I need more details. What is reflected and what is direct? Did you intend the wooden model to be somewhat out-of-focus? What are the circular artifacts above the doodles man? Congrats on a tough assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BigOwl: Sorry BigOwl I still owe you some details. Hope to have them soon. AP

    ReplyDelete