Sunday, August 28, 2011

Portraits and another accent shots Institute of Texan Cultures and HemisFair Park playscape)

My dad and I were out and about with my girls today.  First stop was The Institute of Texan Cultures.  I never get tired of going there.  That place brings back so many good memories from when I was a kid.   
So here are two portrait style shots that came out of today's adventure and one of my girls with there po-po (grandpa) at the HemisFair Park playscape. 
 
I am still using the 35-55mm kit lens that came with my camera, so I am limited on the amount of f-stop I have available. (Lower f-stop number equals better blurry background for portrait pics).  I believe both portrait photos were about f/4.5 or so and ISO 100.  I was trying to get blurring backgrounds to bring the attention to my girls faces. 

A few things that I discovered today I need practice shooting people indoors in low light. 
 
Avery at HemisFair Park playscape. Here cheeks get red when she get hot, not photo enchanced...lol.
Amelia wanted here picture taken with the flags in the background.  She has a good eye for framing pictures.


My girls with there Po-Po (Grandpa)
 

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's Avery? She looks grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots. You will probably want to get a prime lens that is a little faster than the zoom to be able to isolate the subject from the background. Be careful. Gear acquisition can be addictive.

    ReplyDelete