Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Follow the Lights****

I got my remote trigger for my camera in today, so I started to experiment with long exposure photography.  My ultimate goal is to learn enough to see if I can do star trails and street trails, we will see. 

I setup in my backyard at around 10pm.  I played with setting shutter speed.  Started at about 4-seconds and worked my way up to 30-seconds.  I did not use the bulb feature on my camera (thats were the shutter stay open as long as you hold the trigger.)  F-stop was about 3.5.

Here are some of the results. They came out okay for just goofing around.  My initials look pretty neat, I will have to work on that one again in the future. 

I used an LED array flashlight that I had, I will have to try a different light source next time.  Maybe get the kids envolved in making neat patterns.    

I do have to say that I am rather enjoying this hobby...I will write about more on that topic in the future. 





No comments:

Post a Comment