Friday, September 2, 2011

Bokeh who....

Hello all...

Hope everyone is well.  Lets see... I met with a retired mentor of mine this week for lunch.  He has been into photography for a while.  After talking to him and seeing his work I am even more inspired. 

Today I experimented with getting Bokeh effects... basically artistic blur.  In that effort, I broke out some x-mas lights.  You can see the results below.  The Bokeh effect came out a little stronger than I would of liked, but over all I am pleased with the results.  Here were my settings for those who are interested.  Manual setting...120mm...f/5.6...1/8sec. 

I was trying to make the Bokeh light effect to look like it was raining/pouring into the glass.  I think I accomplished that...

Oh...by the way I ordered (thanks my love for the gift) my first Prime lens...Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S.  Since I have a DX or compact DSLR, this will get me to about 50mm of a full frame DSLR. Very excited. 



No comments:

Post a Comment