Friday, September 23, 2011

Beauty everywhere...fire

Well... continuing on my 4 elements theme, I gave fire a try.  The results are below.  It was a fun session and I didn't burn the house down.  I got some good practice with working on setting my exposure. 

The last two images, I did some split toning to give the photos a more dramatic/artistic look. 

Setup:  Nikon D3100, tripod, two clamp lights, garage overhead light, lighter fluid, a nice looking glass, a mirror plate, black sheet, lighter, and fire extinguisher (just in case.)

Camera settings:
ISO =100
Focal Length = 35mm (loving my Prime lens)
Aperture = 4.5 to 5.6 range
Shutter Speed = 1/125 to 1/640 sec

Earth is next on my agenda... not sure what to do with that???

Oh and I adjusted the blog setting so that anyone can post comments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment