Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bubbles...Hoo ha ha!

Hi all...
This one was harder to capture than I expected.  I wanted to capture the psychedelic fluid look of the exterior of bubbles.
 
Setup: Two can lights, tripod, camera, black sheet, and bubbles (of course) 

Camera settings:
  • ISO = 1600 (I played with ranges from 400 to 1600.  I need a better way to diffuse the light to get better exposure.  I will have to work on that.)
  • f/stop = 4.5
  • Shutter speed = 1/200sec
 So, what do you think?
AP

5 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm really surprised at the range of colors on the bubbles. But how do two lights make that many reflections?
    Nice work.

    AeC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color range surprised me too. The only other light was the overhead ceiling light. It could be that the bubble are reflecting the light internally, maybe acting like an internal disco ball. AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to capture bubbles this way. My first problem is usually the bubbles. I have heard making your own and adding glycerin works. I scrolled up and saw the set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SMGallman: I heard the same thing about glycerin, but have not tried it. Actually keeping the bubbleS from poping was not that big of a problem, the more difficult part was keeping them focused in the frame. They tend to not follow the photographer's instructions well...lol

    ReplyDelete