Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There is beauty everywhere...

Its been a few days since my last post... been busy with family and work. 
But all in all its been going good. 

Today I decided to go up in smoke.... lol
Smoke photography that is...  I saw an awesome photograph of smoke several years back and was taken back by its simple beauty.  One does not think of smoke as beautiful, but it can be.  Or at least that is my goal. 

My setup---
Trip to Walmart with my girls before practice to get:
Incenses and a black sheet.

Simple setup.  Tripod, camera, remote trigger to reduce shake, incenses, lighter, and sheet of paper to diffuse my onboard camera flash. 

Played with camera settings for about 15 minutes and the final results are below. 
The best photos ended up with 1/60sec shutter speed, 1.8 f-stop, manual focus, and iso 100.  I was surprised about the f-stop setting. 

I would love to here what everyone or anyone thinks.

Until next time...








2 comments:

  1. Really fascinating work. The smoke shots make good artistic images. The sudden shifts in the candle burning patterns must be the result of some chaotic process as the molten wax becomes unstable. Would be tough to model those! 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I will pick better smelling incense. AP

    ReplyDelete