Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Best Belt Ever!!

Hi All,

In my last post I mentioned that I would take a few photos of my belt and how I thought everyone would get a kick out of it. 

Well here it is.  Yes it has a Flathead screwdriver, a #2 Phillips, a bottle opener, and a 8/10/11mm wrench loop. 
For those wondering, yes I have actually really used them.    

It is the best belt I have ever own.

As for the photos, I have a new appreciation for product photography.  The floor surface I placed the belt on was rather glossy (last two photos) which caused me grief by creating lots of reflection.  The belt itself is very shining, which caused lots of glare. 

On the last two photographs I actually painted the light on the belt.  By that I mean, the room was dark (low ISO, f/22, long shutter speed 15sec) and I used a flashlight to paint the light on the belt.  Its a pretty neat technique, I will definitely use it again. 

AP


4 comments:

  1. fantastic! Have you thought about sending it to the belt company? i could see that on the website for real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots with the painted light. I really like the B/W version.
    And the belt itself is cool too. Is it embossed with "ME's Rule!" on the back? Should be. 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Matt: Thanks. I will have to give that some thought.

    @BigOwl: Thanks. "ME's Rule!"..I like that. Or maybe I should put the overall engineering moto "KISS"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work I really like the first shot with the huge DOF and the B&W work up is great. five weeks and counting until the new one shot a week project starts--are you still planning to play along?

    ReplyDelete