Saturday, November 12, 2011

In God We Trust

Hello my friends,

Here are a few that I took using a reverse lens adapter (poor man's macro lens).  Oh...I also got to use my new Manfrotto tripod and ball head.  I am really liking them. 

A reverse lens adapter is an adapter that allow you to reverse your lens on your camera...kinda like looking through a pair of binoculars backwards.  This allows you to be able to take really close up photos. 

I used my 35mm prime lens and an external speedlight.  Ideally you want to be able to control your aperture.  The objects were items I had around my desk.  Yes I always have gears and screws around my desk, not to mention, springs, electric motors, screwdrivers,... all things mechanical... after all I am a Mechanical Engineer. (That reminds me I need to take a photo of my belt, you all would get a kick out of it)  What's funny is that most of these items Paula found in my pockets before washing. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these photos. 
In God We Trust

Beauty Everywhere


Screw You!

Setscrews Sux

2 comments:

  1. Good thing Paula checks you pockets otherwise you be replacing the washer and drier every two years.

    The two B&W shots are my favorites.

    I finally got the old blog pulled down and the new one set up. The new one is still a bit sparse but I going to fix that during the week but putting up some photo form the old blog. Here is the link:

    http://fortuitouslight.wordpress.com/

    Eight weeks and counting to restarting the one photo a week project. I hope you still plan to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rich..

    Nice work on the new blog. Its looking good.

    With this project I had to get use to adjusting my position to maintain focus, since that is the only way too. The 1st B&W photo is my personal favorite.

    Count me in on the one photo a week project. Looking forward to the challenge.

    AP

    ReplyDelete