Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shadow

I have been wanting to take some photos of my dad's motorcycle for some time and finally got a chance to this past Saturday.  Total shoot time ~15mins. 

It is, I believe, a 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit.  The tins on the bike are metallic pearl white. 

The shoot took place at St Mary's University in one of there empty parking lots.  Very sunny conditions.  This and the combination of the white tins made setting the exposure a little difficult. 

Equipment:
  • D3100, no tripod all handheld
  • 18 to 55mm VR lens
  • Manual setting
Overall, I am happy with the results.

AP











 

3 comments:

  1. Nice shots. Good composition (cropping) and exposure, considering the lighting. And you kept your reflection out of the chrome parts.

    I suppose you rode it to the location? Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BigOwl. The light was really tough with the white paint on the bike. As for reflection.. I did try to purposely capture a few with my reflection in it, but they did not turn out as interesting as I would of liked. I was going for the photographer behind the scene theme. Maybe next time...

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work I particularly liked number two and five they had the strongest composition. I also liked the color work on number three.

    This weekend I took down my old blog and set up a new one at fortuitouslight.wordpress.com, it just a shell now but I should start populating later today if things go smoothly

    ReplyDelete