Thursday, October 6, 2011

Buzzing around...

Hello my friends,

Here's some that I captured at my folk's house.  They have some nice flowers on their front porch.  We were sitting talking when I saw these bees working away.  I hadn't seen bees in a while, so it brought a smile to my face.    Does any know the name of these flowers?

Shots info:
  • Taken by hand (no tripod)
  • Lens: 35mm
  • Manual mode
  • ISO 100
  • Shutter speed range 1/640 to 1/3200sec.  I used the higher shutter speeds to freeze the bees in time. 
  • f-Stop (appeature) rang f/2.8 to 7.1.  Played with the f-stop to change the depth of field. 
I really like ones with the bees in flight. 

Equipment report:  I ordered a new speedlight (external flash) and some light stands.  I should get them this weekend.  You know its a hobby when you start spending money. 

I got some projects that I am excited about that I will be working on over the weekend if time allows, so check back in soon. 

AP




 

2 comments: