Monday, October 24, 2011

Love is patient...

First let me start by saying that the photo I am posting today is my version of a classic photo, so I cannot take creative credit for it. 

I saw this image a few times floating the web on photo sites, but I never saw a version with 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.  That's not to say there isn't a version like that, but I never saw it before.  The filter heart shadow and 1 Corinthians just fit together in my mind. 

Anyway...here is my version. 

Simple Setup: Bible, Light with light stand, tripod, camera, and polarized lens filter.   Oh.. and a piece of a cardboard box to block the light at the top of the Bible, given it the photo a closeness feel to it.  The Bibles glossy pages gave me a little hard time, but overall I am very happy with the photo. 

Setting:
ISO 100
Focal length 44mm
Shutter Speed 1/5sec (low light)
Aperture f/13 (to keep the text clear)

AP

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I had never seen this effect. A technically excellent photograph.

    A suggestion: What if you used a red filter and retained the color only within the heart shape? Or maybe photoshop red into that area only?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was a fun one to take. I find myself looking at shadow all the time now.

    A red filter sounds like and interesting idea. I will have to try that next time.

    AP

    ReplyDelete