Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Walk to the Park (Week 25 of 2013)

Hello My Friends,

This week I was trying compose with leading lines and symmetry.  I took this one at Hemisphere Park on a Sunny day.  No golden hour here, just hot blazing hour.
It is a hand shot (i.e. no tripod), f/4.5, 1/200, ISO 100, 85mm.

I have also been trying to crop in camera (i.e. compose the shot I want) and not crop post process.  Trying to do better at this to reduce time editing and spend more time shooting.   

Again here are two of my favorite models (my girls).  I call this one "A Walk to the Park".

Until next week. 
AP




2 comments:

  1. Very nice capture, but I take issue with your emphasis on cropping in-camera. If you have the camera on a tripod and are shooting a landscape or other relatively fixed view, that might make sense, especially if you need to preserve a limited number of pixels. But you have plenty of pixels and can crop away after the shot and still have lots of resolution. For example: In the "A Walk to the Park" shot, you may want to crop out the shadow in the foreground (or maybe not). I think it's more important to shoot at the "critical instant" of time. But that's a lot easier to say than to put into practice. At least for me. 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ BigOwl: My point with cropping in camera is to forces, in this case me, to compose and plan shots, even anticipate shot (needed with kids) rather than spray and pray you have a good one.

    I do agree, sometimes you have to shoot now and crop later for those impromptu capture. Sometime those are the best photos. AP

    ReplyDelete