Sunday, July 28, 2013

La Forma (Week 30 of 52)

Hello my friends,

Here is one for this week.  I missed week 28 and 29, I will have to play catch up. 
I would like to thank my anonymous model for the opportunity and my wonderful wife for the support.

This one was all about the lighting and flash position.  I used black seamless paper for the background.  The flash position was off to the side and offset behind my model.  The position of the flash was critical in this one.  I wanted to capture the bodies contours and outline, this was easier said than done.  I probably moved the flash position over a dozen times.   

Camera setting: ISO 100, 1/100sec, f/11

I call this one "La Forma".

AP









3 comments:

  1. A beautiful shot, tastefully done. The lighting is outstanding. The only halfway negative point I could make has to do with the hand. The overall look of the shot is smooth and uniform with soft light and smooth curves. The hand breaks that look with a lot of detail and harsher shadows. I'm nitpicking here, because it is a very nice shot that anyone would be proud to have taken. Question: Is the position of the fingers and their shadows pointing to the model's "private" area planned or just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BigOwl: Thanks! On the subject of the hands... I tried hands raised...down...crossed, ultimately hands on the hips was a more natural look. The harsh shadows and hand details, to me, gives the photo a little more of an edgier look. As for the shadow pointing direction, it is amazing what the mind sees :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot, just a couple of comments. You only had to move the light that few times count your self lucky most times it takes forever to get things just right. One little recognized trait of a good model is patience.

    ReplyDelete