Sunday, August 4, 2013

Texas Heroes (31 of 52)

Hello My Friends,

Today I got to visit The Texas Vietnam Heroes Exhibit at the Institute of Texan Cultures.  What a powerful exhibit.

It was free admission Sunday so the Institute had a good crowd, lots of folks viewing the exhibit. 
The exhibit is a tribute and memorial to the 3,417 Texans who gave there lives in the Vietnam War.  The exhibit consists of 3,417 individual dog tags that visitors are able to touch.  As people search through the dog tags the clanging of them against each other is so amazing and very surreal. 

Here is my tribute to these fallen Texan heroes.  I highly recommend the exhibit.  I believe it will be at the Institute of Texan Cultures until Aug 25th.  Here is a little more about the exhibit.  http://youtu.be/9Ng0q1AE5hI


I got this one when the main dome movie started.  For those not familiar with the Texan Culture dome shows, it is a multi screen movie that plays in the main dome area of the Institute on the subject of Texas history.  Its about 10mins long.  When everyone was distracted by the movie, I cranked my ISO way up, drop my f-stop and was able to grab a few shots of this amazing exhibit.  

Shot: 50mm, f/1.8, 1/60sec, ISO 4000.  Do to my f/1.8 aperture my depth of focus was very narrow, giving the image a Lens Baby effect, in my opinion. 

I call this one "Texas Heroes"

AP

4 comments:

  1. Good idea with a good result. Glad to see you are back with the program. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BigOwl: Thanks for the encouragement. I will try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the depth of field is great and it makes it harder to tell what the image is at first so you can see at two levels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rich: Thanks. I also wanted to respect the hero and hero's families, so I tried to use depth of field to control how much information you see on the tags.

    ReplyDelete