Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Texas Strong (31 of 50)

Hello My Friends,
 
At the Institute of Texan Cultures museum in San Antonio, Tx there is a huge neon Texas Flag inside.  I always wanted to take a Silhouette photo there with my girls.  Well I had my opportunity this past Friday. 

This feature is located in the main hall, so it's difficult to get a clean shot without someone walking in frame.  I think I took about a dozen photos and only got 2 that I didn't have an extra body, foot, head, etc in it.

f/6.3 1/60sec ISO 400. 

The framing on this shot was challenging.  I was trying to maintain a standard frame ratio and keep the flag still looking like a flag, as well as, keeping the girls silhouette still looking natural and not cut off.   

I call this one "Texas Strong"

AP





4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! A clever idea, well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great shot that is one that would look cool in the man cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot -- I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete