Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mala Mujer (9 of 52)

Hello my friends.  This past month I had an opportunity to tour the Museum of Photography in San Diego, it was very inspirational.  With that in mind, this week I wanted to push my creative side, luckily I found a willing and trusting model to help me out.  I decided I wanted to do a general opposite theme.  What's more opposite than soft skin to cold sharp steel. 

I call this photograph "Mala Mujer". 

General settings: ISO 100, 1/60 sec and f/2.8 (to keep the image soft.)  I decided to go b&w and color accent the lips to bring out the contrast against the cold gray steel.   



4 comments:

  1. Very cool! And congratulations on having a good model. One question, though. What is the light colored area just below the finger? Is it the opposing finger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slick shot and a very nice use of selective color. I like the title also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Les Damrons: Thanks

    @ BigOwl: Thanks. The light colored are is her opposing finger or in this case her thumb.

    @Rich: Thanks.. I was wondering if someone was going to comment on the title.

    ReplyDelete