Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Texan (8 of 52)

Hello my friends,
Last week I had the opportunity to attend a technical conference in San Diego with my wife.  The kids stayed with there Ma, aka Grandma... thanks mom.. your the best. While there, we had the opportunity to visit Balboa Park and the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum.  So needless to say there were plenty of opportunities to photograph.  One of the conference events was a private tour/event of the USS Midway afterhours... I was in heaven.  Here is one of my favorite photographs captured there...The Texan. 

This beautiful aircraft (SNJ Texan) was flown in WWII and thereafter was used as an advanced pilot trainer.  Beside the beauty of this aircraft, the awesome yellow color immediately attracted me to it.  It was located in the main hanger deck.  The lighting  in the hanger was not the best, so I had to crank the ISO up in order to still use a decent aperture (f/8).  I am happy with the results.  Tell next time...AP

3 comments:

  1. Nice! What ISO did you use? Any noise reduction in post processing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Shot, great color. You should consider cloning or darkening out the lights above the plane to enhance the attention to the plane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BigOwl: Thanks..The ISO was cranked to 3200. My Nikon camera internal noise reduction was "ON", but that's about it. I have been impressed with it's noise reduction ability.

    @Rich: Thanks.. Good suggestion, I will have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete