Friday, February 17, 2012

Windows to the Soul (7 of 52)

While attending a wedding in the Texas hill country last Saturday I took these of my beautiful wife's eyes.  For those of you who have tried to capture good photos of eyes before, you know that it is easier said than done.  The lighting has to be just right, you have to use a high shutter speed, and you have to watch out for reflections.  From experience I have learned not to fight reflections (this can be futile), but use them to your advantage.  They say the eyes are windows to ones soul, and I love looking into my wife's eyes all the time... (I hope she reads this, so I can get credit for it...lol  Love You Baby!)

AP


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. I apologize for getting clinical, but is she wearing contacts? The reflection looks like a small reflective circle on the eye rather than the eye surface itself. Please comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BigOwl: No contacts, I believe what you are seeing is the reflection of the bridge of her noise on the surface of her eye. The sun was on the far side of her face slightly. Good observation and thanks. AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wife must be very pleased with the photo it look lovely. One the technical side I think what makes the photo really great is the tight off center crop

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rich: Thanks. She really likes this one too. I have been working on improving my awareness of framing my model/subjects, it has been a continual learning process.
    AP

    ReplyDelete